BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
for the aspiring food lover , party planner, crafter and whipple enthusiast

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Too Much Time On My Hands

I saw some really cute cupcakes on the Internet and became obsessed with them. I decided to try to make them for a Stake Young Women's dinner we have coming up at the end of the month. These are my experiment, the ones I saw were made using only fondant, but fondant doesn't taste to good, so I decided to try them with regular frosting and just a little fondant. I think they turned out kind of cute. Now the question is how long will it take to make 400? I feel  like I am going back to my roots, back to my families catering days! We used to knock out 1000pastries in a couple of hours. Granite there was 9 of us working together. Those were good times! Thanks to my talented sister DeAnn for all her expert advice.












10 comments:

everyday katie said...

I cannot even believe you are attempting 400 of those. They are, however, adorable.

Lauri said...

Can you convince the rest of the presidency to buy in to that? It sounds daunting...especially with the rest of the meal you're planning.

Lauri said...

Oh...by the way, they look fantastic!!!!

Cynthia said...

Way, way cute. But 400? You should move to our stake. You'd be able to whip out 50 in 10 minutes!

bonnie said...

They look great. I can't believe you did all those. Way to go.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

They look awesome! I've been wanting to learn how to work with fondant forever, if you need help I'm a willing candidate.

Lori said...

Wow! I wish I was around to help. I suck myself into these CRAZY ideas of perfection all the time... sometimes we need others as crazy as us to help us carry out the idea. Start the crazy hunt! I love them and they will be worth it (at least to you and a few others that appreciate quality).

Sunny said...

WOW aunt deb you can come to our stake activities anytime!!!! they look awesome!

Megan said...

ANyway you can come out to Utah by Friday and make just 10 for Ella's Fancy Nancy birthday party??
Darling!

RoeH said...

Were you looking at Bakerella's blog because hers are incredible also. In fact, everything she does is wonderful. *sigh*