BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
for the aspiring food lover , party planner, crafter and whipple enthusiast

Monday, December 29, 2008

A Christmas Of Giving And Love



This year we wanted to find a way to help someone for the holidays. We have a man in our ward who serves at the prison and holds LDS church services. He gave us the name of a family that was in need of some help for Christmas (their father is in prison). It was a Mom with two teen age children. We got together with the Hale family and divided up the list of the things that they needed. We spent some time shopping and wrapping, Cindy even made some homemade rolls for their Christmas dinner. On December 23rd our family and the Hale Family met in Peoria to deliver the goods. All twelve of us entered their home single file, each with their arms full of pretty wrapped packages. It was a good feeling to see the smile on their faces. We sang them a few Christmas Carols and then went on our way.
The Next morning we all got together again and put together some little Christmas bags full of helpful things, when you are in the hospital for an extended stay. We then loaded up and headed over to 
"Banner Baywood Hospital". They have a floor there called "Rhodes Rehab". It's for recovering stroke victims. My mom spent some time there a couple of different times, it is a great facility and I really appreciate what they did for my mom. 

This is Mom on her 81st Birthday 2005 
she spent is at "Rhodes Rehab"


Getting our gift bags ready


Brother and Sister Love

We Caroled to every room on the 3rd floor,
and delivered our little goody bags.
Rachel and Melanie even played a piece on the piano, it was so sweet many were in tears. Thanks to the great harmonizing talents of Dave and Cindy's ability to keeps us on tune and add some variety to our repertoire. We didn't sound half bad!


Brothers



It was really a lot of fun and I know that it 
brought a little Joy into the hearts of those who had to be 
spending their Christmas in the hospital


Annual Christmas Eve Family Photo




We still line up by age to come up the stairs on Christmas morning

Brother Lovin

Father Son Lovin

Good old fashion marshmellow gun fight

9 comments:

Robyn said...

Enjoying your blog! And jealous of a Christmas where I can see palm trees in the background! : )

Cynthia said...

Love the Christmas jammies!
I was glad we were able to do some service with you guys. I don't think we would do so well singing on our own. There is strength in numbers. You guys are always fun to hang out with.

Aimee Wilson said...

Your family looks so stinkin' cute! I love Whipple Resort too;p Gorgeous decorations! Roni just told me about your blog & it's so fun. I want her to teach me how to make those aprons, fabulous!
-Aimee

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Hi Debbie, Love your blog and what a perfect way to spend Christmas! Thanks again for letting me have my little freak out in the hall at church. Your family is the best!

bonnie said...

What a great way to spend Christmas. We hope you have a GREAT new years. We love you all. Thank youfor the phone book we love it...Love ya Bonnie

amelia said...

What an awesome way to celebrate Christmas. You guys are awesome.

Megan said...

Looks like a wonderful way to spend Christmas! I love that you were able to have them all home and that you still line up on the stairs (so do we, I even made my parents line up this year. I figure it's my house my rules...)

Unknown said...

Haha your family always cracks me up. I LOVE the matching pajamas. :)

raw mom said...

you guys are the cool family...look at those christmas eve fam pic shirts! they are great! we just did jeans and white shirts....booor-ring. tell the fam hi!

teresa landon