BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
for the aspiring food lover , party planner, crafter and whipple enthusiast

Sunday, October 19, 2008

4X4

Lauri Tagged me for this blog:
I went to my picture files-- 4th folder, 4th picture.
I have been scanning in all my family pictures. I love this picture it is of my Dad, taken in 1977 when Mom and Dad were living on a farm in Monroe, Utah.  This is the Shetland Pony I spent many hours riding as a little girl, her name is "Maisie". Pictures bring on so many emotions, this one is a happy sad for me.  My dad loved the farm and this facial expression is one that I remember well, it makes me smile.  Dad passed away about a year after this was taken and I  didn't get enough time with him, I really miss him!
Cindy...tag, to you!

7 comments:

Lauri said...

Thanks for playing along. What a great picture and sweet memories. I think I too would have enjoyed getting to know your dad better.

Katie said...

That is a great picture. I don't know anything about your dad. And had no idea he died at such an early age. And didn't know you rode shetland ponies.

Nanna said...

Debbie, I came across your blog while reading Lauri's, and Cindy's. I love that picture of your family. And that is the greatest picture of your dad. He was very young when he passed away. I just lost my dad this past month, we were not close to him so I feel like I lost out on a lot of memories. Think of your family often.

Debie

Cynthia said...

great picture and cool name for a horse - Maisy.

bonnie said...

What a great picture I'll have to show it to the kids they'll like that. Hope all is going well. Have a great halloween. We'll be thinking of you!!!

Unknown said...

I love you Mom! I think that is a sweet little blog about your dad... I am often sad I never got to know him.

Beka said...

hey I got ur comment awhile ago but didn't realize u had a blog till Roni told me! I'm excited I have another friend to stalk :) vegas looked like fun! I still can't believe how many times you all have seen mamma mia you crazy women!!