BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
for the aspiring food lover , party planner, crafter and whipple enthusiast

Friday, November 21, 2008

"BUILDING STRONGER NEIGHBORHOODS"

We had a really great Stake Service Project last Saturday November 15th. We were part of a program that the City of Mesa has that is  
"BUILDING STRONGER NEIGHBORHOODS".

Stake Young Men Young Women 
Presidency

Here's some of the Projects that we did:
  1. Painted  numbers on the curbs of about 400 homes
  2. Cleaned a vacant lot (it was over grown, trash, furniture, shopping carts, basically used for a dump).
  3. Painted over the graffiti, in the park and around the neighborhood
  4. Painted the electrical boxes, light poles and BB Q's in the park
  5. Cleared an over grown ally
  6. Cleaned the playground equipment
  7. Raked and cleaned out the sand lots at the play ground
  8. Scrapped the gum of the sidewalks
  9. Sorted and disposed of the nuisance signs from around the City
  10. Passed out fliers to the neighbors from the City
We had about 260 youth at the project everyone worked really hard for about 2 hours.






5 comments:

Cynthia said...

That surprised me that you said all that work took place in two hours. That is fun to see youth investing their time for something so good.

bonnie said...

looks like a great service project

J.E. said...

Holy Cow, I can't believe you had so many kids show up. I think that's more than we ever had when I was in mutual. Good Job!
PS- your so funny, of course I know who you are. I think I had already added you to my contacts before you even found my blog. This is such a great way to keep in touch!

Lauri said...

I'm glad to see the pictures and read the list of all you accomplished. Impressive!

Elton Family said...

This is exactly why Arizona is so beautiful & clean! looks like a ton of work!